Over decades of living I have found great satisfaction in turning Mountains into Molehills. The Mountains are things I've never done before but have a desire to. A Molehill is hopefully what remains of the Mountain as I take each one on.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The night before the Big Adventure.

Tomorrow morning around 6 a.m., begins with pulling out of the driveway on a 6,000 mile road trip. 

The truck is gassed up, propane is full, tires checked, oil changed, groceries bought, gear packed, anticipation is high.

My nephew Keith, agreed to tag along and keep his uncle out of trouble.  I wish him the best.  I thank God for having a great job that granted me a four week sabbattical making this trip possible.  God also did a good job in giving Ronda this idea of a road trip.  I don't think she considered she'd be without me for 29 days!  We will both miss each other.  Love you Honey!

Keith and I will be hitting most of the National Parks across the Western United States and Banff in Canada. Part of the trip will also be used scouting out a new hunting area for this fall's elk hunt in Colorado.  Also plane to hike into some really cool areas and fish in some remote areas.

Blogs are new to me.  Never done this before, but I figured it would do me good to document what we do and where we go.

I've never taken a trip with an RV so this might be a terrible way to get my feet wet, but it's a challenge I look forward to.  My popup camper, affectionately named "Pancho", will hopefully prove to be trust worthy.

The first part of the trip is heading towards Durango, CO with a stop over in Tucumcari, NM.  I'll do my best to post pictures as I have access to the internet to update the blog.

Updating this blog is the last thing I'm doing before going to bed.  So I'll see ya'll down the road a bit.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger