Over decades of living I have found great satisfaction in turning Mountains into Molehills. The Mountains are things I've never done before but have a desire to. A Molehill is hopefully what remains of the Mountain as I take each one on.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Getting to Colorado

Last night around midnite the carbon monoxide detector went off and woke us both up. That was rude. Don't know why it did that but at least it only did it once. A little later I woke up and noticed the A/C was barely blowing any air. We figured the unit had frozen up, so we ran it on "fan only" and before too long we started getting some air flow. When I woke up around 4 a.m. I set it to low cool. Worked fine after that. It got down to 60 something in Vaughn so it was a comfortable night.
We made up some oatmeal, took our showers, organized stuff between the truck and camper then left around 9:45 a.m. mountain time. Yep, we changed out watches. Fueled up and headed out toward Albuqurque(sp?)
We finally got to Colorado after 921 miles.

Got to the Junction Creek Campground outside of Durango withou too much trouble.  Here's Keith as we're getting ready to grill some fish we got from Dwight.  It was great.  Also had some of the venison sausage Margarito and I made earlier this year.

Headed back into Durango to find a WIFI connection then I couldn't connect my laptop.  Don't know what was wrong.  I handed it to Keith, he hit the Internet Explorer icon and it just came right up.  Go figure.  Anyway, it's getting late and we're heading back to the campground.  A bear was spotted getting into a dumpster a couple of months ago, otherwise the raccoons are the biggest problem.  Good night.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger