Over decades of living I have found great satisfaction in turning Mountains into Molehills. The Mountains are things I've never done before but have a desire to. A Molehill is hopefully what remains of the Mountain as I take each one on.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

We're Home!

Aug. 6th, 2011
Keith and I rolled into Central Texas mid Saturday morning.  We left Pagosa Springs, Colorado around 5 p.m. after spending most of the day fishing.  Keith caught 100% more fish than I did. 


Many thanks go to my wife, who helped us find some places to stay at along the way.  Also for putting up with all my dropped cell phone calls.  For future reference, AT&T is really inadequate when driving through the western states.  I did manage to call her just about every day though.  Ronda Rocks! 
Even though we had lots of fun, I think I can speak for both of us that we were glad to be home.
Georgetown is really hot, but I guess you already know that. I spent some time this morning cleaning out junk from the truck and cleaning the inside. By noon I was done. Not done, but done because of the heat.  I've got the rest of the week to get things back in order so I'm just going to take it slow.
We traveled over 7,500 miles and visited New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Montana, and Wyoming.
Of all the places we saw, we were least impressed with Yellowstone and most impressed with the Going to the Sun highway in Glacier National Park.
The best RV Park was the Durango Resort in Red Bluff, CA.  The worst RV Park was in Vaugh, NM.  The cheapest gas was found in New Mexico ($3.29).  The most expensive gas was on I-15 just inside the California State line ($4.30).
The worst breakdown was nothing more than a blown fuse for the trailer brakes.  My F-150 did a good job of pulling Pancho around but a 3/4 ton diesel would have done the job a lot easier.  Diesel was typically $4/gal., so I don't think I would have saved any fuel costs if I did have a diesel.
The stitching was starting to come apart on both of the camper's bed pullouts.  I sewed up one side with fishing line but still have to fix the other side.  The threading starts to rot over time due to moisture from the mornings.

 Here's one of the first pictures we took.  I know Keith had no idea, all the stuff I was going to fill his ears with along the trip.  
Keith, thanks for driving all those miles you did and for for putting up with so many ham sandwiches on the road.  Adios Folks!






1 comment:

Abigail said...

Thanks for keeping us all updated with the blog, very much enjoyed reading your posts and seeing the pictures! -Jerry

Powered By Blogger