Over decades of living I have found great satisfaction in turning Mountains into Molehills. The Mountains are things I've never done before but have a desire to. A Molehill is hopefully what remains of the Mountain as I take each one on.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rocky Mountain National Park

This picture was taken on Mount Evan's Highway in Rocky Mountain National Park. When it's sunny it's about 70 degrees, then it turns cloudy and the temp drops 20 degrees. 

A little bit later down the road we saw a bunch of cars park along the side.  There were a bunch of elk in the distance; maybe 100 or so.  There were also two smaller bulls alot closer to the road.  Keith and I walked over a little closer and took this pic. I've got some HD video of the heard but I can't post that here.  It's way to large of a file.

Here's another picture of the elk. If you click on these pictures you can see them full size.  You can then see the elk herd in the background.

Typical scenery in Rocky Mountain National Park

We finished touring the park and headed south to find an RV park.  We stopped in a convenience store and asked the local help.  This woman said there was a USFS campground just before Kenshoshee Pass.  About 30 minutes away.  Well it was more like 1 hour away.  As I said earlier, we were the only visitors in that campground.  That was a first.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger